Etsy

Blogging about a variety of things I enjoy. Also peddling my wares at Thicket and Thistle on Etsy.

Saturday, May 4, 2013

daily reading material

Pink calla lilies (and assorted other flowers) at The Fresh Market
I try to avoid reading the news.  I know it's a bit willfully ignorant of me but I just don't want to know most of the time.  I do, however, make habitual pit stops at these blog sites:

A Beautiful Mess (their output is impressive and so varied)
A Cup of Jo (she has her finger on the pulse of, like, everything)
Boxwood Clippings (I love that they love Target as much as I do)
Little Green Notebook (one of the coolest ladies ever; no idea how she does all that she does)
Look Linger Love (Charleston, art, clothes, and occasional profanity - done)
Lovely Indeed (cheerful and full of everyday projects)
Oh Happy Day (mother of all DIY garlands, photo backdrops, and party hats)

Weekly stops include my favorite food blogs, Smitten Kitchen and Spoon Fork Bacon.  Understandably, neither blog has daily entries but the weekly wait for the next recipe is kind of exciting.  It's the little things.

These are among the many blogs that I'll stop by when I feel the need for inspiration (/distraction).  Over the years my regular blog choices have changed and there always seems to be another awesome site to discover.  This sounds so cheesy but the collective creativity out there is so awesome.  What if we could harness it to bring peace to the world?!  Somebody should get on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment