Etsy

Blogging about a variety of things I enjoy. Also peddling my wares at Thicket and Thistle on Etsy.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

more on rifle paper co.

Over St. Patrick's Day weekend I found myself in Winter Park, FL, and happily discovered the Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival taking place along Park Ave.  It was beautiful weather and there were tons of people out and about, looking at art, sampling the fair foods (we had fried Oreos and they were super amahzing), and patronizing local restaurants and shops.  The intended purpose of going to Winter Park was not the festival, though we were led there eventually by the smell of a multitude of deeply fried food.  My main goal was to visit the worldwide headquarters of Rifle Paper Co.  And it just might be my most favorite place on Earth.

Rifle Paper Co. had a little sidewalk sale going on in honor of the festival.
I broke into a sweat upon entering their store, which also serves as their studio.  Being surrounded by all of their products was overwhelming.  The shop girl and I bonded over blogs when she complimented me on my Boulevard purse and I told her it was Little Green Notebook who had posted about it years ago (I got mine from LA Plates but Tuckernuck now sells them in a few different colors).  Anyway.

Vintage stamps and some notebooks in the background.
I love Rifle Paper Co. products because the color composition is always perfect.  Their stationery and notebooks and illustrations have a hipster-vintage feel but not too much so.  They're cute but not cutesy.  They're clever but not so much so that I don't get them.  They're printed in the United States, which I appreciate.  The quality is high.  The founder, Anna Bond, seems like a mega cool person and is successfully running my dream business.  If only I had her talent.  At least I have a talent for spotting talent?  Here's what I bought during my visit:

My love of stationery is insatiable.  I'm considering framing the pug card.
I definitely don't need another notebook but I really need *this* notebook.  Plus this cute gold spoon!  Por que no?
I joked to the young woman working in the store that day that I planned to use the gold spoon for caviar.  I don't even eat fish, let alone fish roe, but I would start if it validated this purchase.  These beauties have been added to my existing collection of RPC cards and a cities-around-the-world calendar I received for Christmas.  Such a successful shop and a personal triumph to visit one of the stationery/design businesses I admire most. 

No comments:

Post a Comment