Etsy

Blogging about a variety of things I enjoy. Also peddling my wares at Thicket and Thistle on Etsy.

Thursday, May 9, 2013

today's goings on

Last week I went to a paint-your-own-pottery place with a few other ladies.  I browsed around for a good while weighing my options, most of which were too expensive and kind of random.  I finally settled on a ring holder, which I've wanted for a while now.  The other women were a little ambitious with their color choices.  Since paint-your-own-pottery tends to turn out kind of streaky, I went as light and simple as possible, with a pale, almost-Tiffany blue and white polka dots.  It only cost me $12, which is less than most options from Etsy I'd been considering.  I picked it up today and promptly used it while doing dishes.


As I walked up to our door, I spotted this *huge* butterfly (moth?) in the hallway.   I told him not to mind me and he didn't.


Then I proceeded to make three things:  salsa; Jell-O (yeah!  It had been so long.); and Rice Krispies Treats.  Old school.  I decided to mound the Krispies on a baking sheet rather than pile them into a baking dish.  Kind of like how Ina Garten makes her meatloaf.  It worked nicely.


I've had a lot of time to cook and bake (and do the ensuing dishes) lately but I really *don't* need to eat entire batches of cookies and RKTs and scones by myself.  Luckily I can send my husband to work with the majority and feel better by just eating a few.  It's hard to part with these puppies, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment