Etsy

Blogging about a variety of things I enjoy. Also peddling my wares at Thicket and Thistle on Etsy.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

funfetti

The flecks of bright floral color in these images of an Australian couple's wedding, via Cup of Jo, brought to mind swirly, dizzying, flurrying confetti. There might be nothing on earth as "useless" as confetti, but it is so joyful it makes me happy.
I'm imagining a child's Kate Spade- slash Agatha Ruiz de la Prada-themed birthday party infused with layer upon layer of pop color and balloons and confetti fluttering down amongst peonies and cupcakes and of course, Pillsbury Funfetti cookies (mmm!). I guess I'm in the mood because today is my niece's birthday!
And this image and this image, which refuse to upload. Confetti reminds me of the little wooden box my sister used to keep filled with holepunch leftovers. When my brother and I were little, she'd sometimes let us open the box and throw the little circles (chads, if you will) up in the air. It was the greatest feeling. We'd then scrape the carpet with our little hands, capturing every last chad - and a whole lot of carpet fuzz - and stuffing them in the box for the next release.
Image 1 - Cup of Jo via OnceWed
Image 2 - Such Pretty Things

No comments:

Post a Comment