Etsy

Blogging about a variety of things I enjoy. Also peddling my wares at Thicket and Thistle on Etsy.

Saturday, February 6, 2010

creme de la creme

I'm in the mood for creamy, milky puddin'.
I've used this incredibly simple and easy recipe from Giada a few times now. Last Easter, my sister and I poured Giada's recipe (plus cinnamon) into a silicone bouchon mold from Williams-Sonoma, refrigerated it, then popped out the little sand buckets, drizzled on some honey, and garnished with blackberries. Panna cotta is so rich (don't depress yourself by looking at the nutrition information on the whipping cream carton; ignore and eat) so the bouchon size was just satisfying enough.

I recently found this recipe for Meyer lemon pot de creme and decided I must make it for a spring brunch.
For the record, the difference between panna cotta and a pot de creme is thus: panna cotta is made from simmering both cream and milk, sugar, and gelatin, then pouring into a vessel of some sort and cooling until set (but it's still very creamy and soft). A pot de creme is more custard-y, made by baking a combination of cream and milk, sugar, and eggs in a pan of water.
Yum!
Image 1 - My very own
Image 2 - Style at Home

No comments:

Post a Comment