Etsy

Blogging about a variety of things I enjoy. Also peddling my wares at Thicket and Thistle on Etsy.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

i love this lady

Thanks to Google Reader's spot-on blog suggestions, today I stumbled upon/fell in love with the below project by Jenny from Little Green Notebook. The lacquered Chinese-tomato-fire engine red is so bright it needs multiple descriptors. This particular example of refinishing potentially ugly, cheap, used furniture is rather inspiring since I'm usually only able to see the downsides of vintage goods and have a hard time envisioning makeovers. If only I had room in my own room, perhaps I could attempt such a project.
The pop of color and mix of patterns in this teensy weensy room are great. The rug looks like the folksy kilim I purchased in Turkey (except Jenny's is from Ikea...). I also love the pretty light in this picture. Jenny seems like the type of mom who would let her girls redecorate their rooms for fun, and, being her children, they would come out fun and playful and effortless, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment