Etsy

Blogging about a variety of things I enjoy. Also peddling my wares at Thicket and Thistle on Etsy.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

see: urchin


Sea urchins abound! Last night I had on my mind two original prints I saw about a year ago in a custom framing shop, each of three plump sea urchins, in pink or taupe. The perfect strings of dots cascading down its ovular shape were so pretty and simple. I regret not spending the $15....A search has turned up several promising manifestations of my mental image. This seems like a theme that J.Crew could capitalize on. I can imagine a summer catalogue advertising enamel cocktail rings in pop colors with shiny gold protuberances (technically, the tubercles).
This ring and brooch are made from real, live (well, dead) sea urchins collected from the beaches of Turkey. Coveting this shiny sterling silver ring.... The simple print on the cards and rather wild envelope liner make me think of the 1970s, Paper Source, and my perfect, forever lost urchin prints. And wouldn't you know it, on a walk in Georgetown this evening I happened to spot a pale blue-green enamel sea urchin decorative box in the window of an antiques shop. It must be a sign. Image 1 - Flickr Images 2 and 3 - Star of the East Image 4 - Nafsika Made Image 5 - Pixel Impress

No comments:

Post a Comment