Etsy

Blogging about a variety of things I enjoy. Also peddling my wares at Thicket and Thistle on Etsy.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

wine charm wedding gift

In preparing a small collection of wedding gifts for someone, I wanted to make a set of simple wine charms.  Wine charms are a little cheese-tastic by nature, so I thought it best to keep them super simple.


I used silver earring hoops from Michaels and an assortment of seed beads I've collected over the years.  I simply strung the beads on the hoop and left a wee bit of wire free to bend up with a set of small pliers and form into a hook.


Then I punched small holes in a piece of navy cardstock from which to dangle the charms.  There's no question these are homemade but they're a little colorful extra something to include with a wedding or bridal shower present or give as a small hostess gift.


I originally thought I'd do a little French beaded "charm", which I've used before on homemade cards, but I didn't like these quick prototypes.  A very simple square might work better.


No comments:

Post a Comment