Etsy

Blogging about a variety of things I enjoy. Also peddling my wares at Thicket and Thistle on Etsy.

Monday, April 6, 2009

papercuts

I just this very second purchased a set of prints I have had my eye on for some time. They are prints of original papercuts by Mon Petit Fantome. They are haunting yet whimsical and they're titles make them all the more mysterious.
"There Is Something about You"

I wonder if that fox is as friendly as I want him to be. Or maybe the little boy is more cunning and less innocent than he appears. His is a full-on top hat, not the Tom Sawyer straw flop we expect from the looks of his idle pose.
"I Do Not Know Where We Are Going but at Least We Are Together"

The relationship between the rabbit and the deer is also intriguing. The rabbit assumes a serene slouch that makes him appear older than the deer, perhaps a fawn, whose straight neck is youthful and almost carefree. The title belies the evident servitude of the reins. The image is wrapped in botanical antlers, making me feel as though I'm peering through a clearing in the woods of Narnia.

No comments:

Post a Comment