Etsy

Blogging about a variety of things I enjoy. Also peddling my wares at Thicket and Thistle on Etsy.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

chandeliers and the color orange

Of late, I have developed an obsession with orange. In my middle school youth I called it my favorite color and made a naive attempt at wearing it. Now I appreciate it much more as a decorative element. My dining room chairs from West Elm are bright orange and paired with a chocolate brown table. I aimed to paint an accent wall in my bedroom bright orange but decided it would be too much in my small-ish space. Today on Etsy I discovered a brilliant artistic pairing of orange and one of my favorite design idees fixes - the chandelier. NestaHome creates funky, slightly off-kilter prints of chandeliers on bright, bright backgrounds. The artist kindly offered to go bigger and bolder when I asked if she could do 16x20 prints. Chandeliers are meant to be big, in my book. A white chandelier on a gold-orange background will be the perfect next best thing to an orange accent wall, and something I can triumphantly hang when I achieve my next interior design goal - painted brick in the bedroom (or anywhere, really).

No comments:

Post a Comment